Anyone who knows me, knows that I love coffee, and that I particularly love Starbucks coffee. It’s true, I’m a corporate coffee whore.
Well, I had a nice surprise in my inbox today from Starbucks. I was notified that I reached the Gold Level of my Starbucks Rewards. Funny thing is, I didn’t even know that existed! The e-mail stated:
We want to start by thanking you for being such a great Starbucks customer. We’re so happy you’ve chosen us, and pleased that we can offer you some amazing benefits.
Now that you’ve reached the Gold Level, here’s what you’ll get:
- A personalized Gold Card
- A free drink for every 15 stars you earn
- We’ll add flavored syrup to your drink, or customize with soy milk, for free
- Free refills on brewed coffee and tea every time you visit
- A free tall hand-crafted beverage when you buy one pound of whole beans
- Free Wi-Fi
- A free hand-crafted beverage for your birthday
- Tailored offers and coupons
And that’s just the beginning. We’ll send you exclusive offers, the latest news about what we’re up to (that you’ll be the first to hear about!) and lots more.
We’ll also be putting a welcome packet into the mail for you, just as another little thank you. We send it via snail mail, so please make sure we have your correct mailing address. You should receive your welcome packet in the next 2-3 weeks.
Your Starbucks Rewards Team
Pretty nice if you ask me. While I usually just get brewed coffee–black and bold–I certainly like the idea of getting soy milk for free on speciality drinks. I mean, have you ever had their soy latte? Holy crap it’s good!
Anyways, the next time someone bitches about me whoring it up to corporate coffee, I’ll skip the part where I tell them how:
- Starbucks’ baristas are nice people, instead of hipster pricks
- Starbucks actually cares about serving you, instead of taking as long as possible to get your damn coffee to you
- Starbucks coffee simply tastes better, tastes stronger, and has more caffeine than other coffee
- Starbucks is consistent, and I never know what I’m going to expect at a random local coffee shop
Instead, I’ll just pull out my Gold Level rewards card and say, “check this out bitch!” I may be just another number to this giant corporation, but I have a gold card! Like James Cameron, I’ll now be both an idiot and on top of the world with my Gold Level Starbucks card! Bam!